Thessaloniki is the second-largest city in Greece and a popular destination worldwide. At about a million inhabitants, it is considered Greece's cultural capital. The airport is the second largest in Greece serving almost 4 million passengers per year. The spectacular approach to RW16 offers unique views above the city’s most famous landmarks before descending above water to finally land.
Thessaloniki is the second-largest city in Greece and the fifth largest and most populated city in the Balkans and a popular tourist destination in Greece and worldwide. At about a million inhabitants, it is considered Greece's cultural capital. More importantly, it is also a city with a continuous 3,000 year old history, preserving relics of its Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman past, and of its formerly dominant Jewish population. Many of its Byzantine churches and a whole district of the city in particular, are included in UNESCO's World Heritage list.
Thessaloniki Int'l Airport:
Thessaloniki Int'l is located about 15 km SE of the city center of Thessaloniki. The airport is the second largest in Greece serving almost 4 million passengers per year. The spectacular approach to RW16 offers unique views above the city’s most famous landmarks before descending above water to finally land.
Thessaloniki often gets completely fogged in, especially at evening and early morning hours, when wind is calm due to the humidity of adjacent Thermaikos gulf sea. For this reason ILS 16 and the runway & taxiway lights are for CATII category for precision approaches down to 150ft above the runway and/or 450m visibility. On the other side, the approach is equally thrilling as you will have to stay alert of the uneven terrain and pay attention to rather steep descent before landing on RW34.
All this, and much more is offered in this scenery add-on which will take you several days to explore and allow you to appreciate the beauty of the special city of Thessaloniki! .
- Airport & City add-on for FSX and Prepar3D
- Fully detailed rendition of Thessaloniki Int`l Airport (LGTS)
- High resolution airport ground textures
- Thessaloniki city designed in full detail
- Photo-real terrain coverage of Thessaloniki
- 3D night lighting
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground
- Optimized scenery for high-end performance
- Realistic custom-made terrain mesh
- Fully compatible with all major Traffic add-ons
- Local apron and road traffic fully animated by AESLite
- AES 2.34 fully covers this airport (one credit)
- Scenery manager and AESLite traffic tools included
- Full manual included
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, Prepar3D v3, Prepar3D v4
- Operating System
- Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit recommended)
- DirectX compatibility (FSX)
- GPU Requirements
- 3D Graphics Card with min. 1GB memory
- CPU Requirements
- 3,0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor recommended)
- Data size
- Download-Size: 1.26 GB Installation-Size: 1.8 GB
- Scenery Version
- Release Date