Kastellorizo - The Aegean Pearl
The tiny airport, the thrilling approach, the small border between a good landing and a catastrophe, they make this a special destination for every pilot. That is why we decided to recreate the island and its airport. But we knew from the beginning, this scenery would only work if we included the whole island in the addon to render Kastellorizo as realistic as possible in Flight Simulator.
The tiny airport, the thrilling approach, the small border between a good landing and a catastrophe, they make this a special destination for every pilot. That is why we decided to recreate the island and its airport in FSX and Prepar3D. But we knew from the beginning, this scenery would only work if we included the whole island in the addon to render Kastellorizo as realistic as possible in Flight Simulator.
To achieve that, we had to find new ways of creating scenery and terrain, so that the rough mountains, the unique airport and the dense village scene could be recreated as realistic as they are now. Every house in the village, the town hall, school, churches, hotels, bars, chapels, military installations and much more were modeled after their real archetypes. The shape of the whole island was modeled manually to fit the real profile much better than any SRTM data could achieve.
The airport of Kastellorizo is rendered in every detail after its real archetype. You will find a paved runway and apron, detailed models of the terminal buildings, realistic night lighting and more details like baggage carts, animated flags or passengers waiting for the Olympic Air to arrive. Just like the real airport, there are no navaids (apart frpm the NDB) or fancy stuff like ILS installed at the airport. Pilots have to call Info at 122.90 to avoid conflicts with other aircraft. Take care not to crash into the fences at both ends of the runway!
- High resolution custom-made terrain mesh covering the whole island
- Photo-real texture coverage of Kastellorizo and nearby islands
- Fully accurate rendition of the airport and surrounding features
- High resolution textures for airport ground and 3D buildings
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground
- Detailed representation of Kastellorizo town and its famous landmarks
- Realistic night lighting environment
- Realistic models of grass and vegetation
- Numerous sound effects (clock tower, church bells, animal sounds and more)
- 3D human models included
- AI ship traffic with realistic ferry models and schedules
- Performance optimised scenery with no need for additional adjustments
- Compatible with all known add-ons (UTX, GEX, FSGLobal,...)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, Prepar3D v3, Prepar3D v4
- Operating System
- Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit recommended)
- DirectX compatibility (FSX)
- GPU Requirements
- 3D Graphics Card with min. 1GB memory
- CPU Requirements
- 3,0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor recommended)
- Data size
- Download-Size: 558 MB Installation-Size: 810 MB
- Scenery Version
- Release Date