Fly to the challenging north, straight to Greenland's Nuuk airport which offers a unique approach with exciting views of the mountainous city of Nuuk, below the glorious Northern Lights.
Nuuk is the beautiful capital, and fastest growing city in Greenland. Despite the limited population, it stands with a long history of habituation, being first occupied by ancient Paleo-Eskimo people as far back as 2200 BC. Following an un-stable past, Nuuk city has boomed during the 1950s, when Denmark began to modernize Greenland. Nowadays, Nuuk is populated by both Inuit and Danes, and currently over a third of Greenland's total population lives in the Nuuk Greater Metropolitan area.
As the largest town in Greenland, Nuuk has regular flights to the rest of Greenland by means of Air Greenland's services. Air Iceland also operates a route between Reykjavik Domestic Airport and Nuuk during the summer and winter months. Air Greenland operates between Keflavik International Airport and Nuuk from mid-March to the end of October.
The airport was constructed to serve the largest town in Greenland, yet with space constraints in a mountainous area and difficult weather. While this makes it difficult to serve large airliners or flights reaching Denmark, this airport offers a unique and challenging approach with exciting views of the mountainous city Nuuk, below the glorious Northern Lights.
One of the most popular routes to Nuuk (BGGH) is via Reykjavik-Keflavik (BIKF) airport, operated by both Air Greenland and Air Iceland.
Also, Air Greenland operates flights between Nuuk and Aasiaat (BGAA), Ilulissat (BGJN), Kangerlussuaq (BGSF), Kulusuk (BGKK), Maniitsoq (BGMQ), Nerlerit Inaat (BGCO), Paamiut (BGPT), Sisimiut (BGSS) and Iqaluit (CYFB) in the Canadian territory of Nunavut.
- Fully accurate rendition of Nuuk airport
- Complete reconstruction of Nuuk city with custom made models, including numerous landmarks
- High resolution 10cm/pixel photoreal terrain coverage of Nuuk
- Custom landclass covering a large radius surrounding Nuuk
- Airport vehicle animations and custom road traffic
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground
- Compatible with all known add-ons
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, Prepar3D v3, Prepar3D v4
- Operating System
- Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (Windows 7 64-bit recommended)
- DirectX compatibility (FSX)
- GPU Requirements
- 3D Graphics Card with min. 1GB memory
- CPU Requirements
- 3,0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor recommended)
- Data size
- Download-Size: 3.74 GB Installation-Size: 4.22 GB
- Scenery Version
- Release Date